Wednesday, April 30, 2014

New STORM ongoing and STAR-LORD ongoing announced

For I believe the first time, Storm will be getting her own ongoing series. Written by Greg Pak, writer of such books as WORLD WAR HULK and, most recently at Marvel, X-TREME X-MEN, and drawn by Victor IbaƱez, known more for his DC work, STORM is set to debut in July. Excited to see this one. Storm's a great character who deserves more recognition. I'm a little nervous that she may be someone who works better on a team but I like Pak's work and I think that he'll find ways to set her into the world. I've no really worries that she can handle it.

Along with that announcement (made at Chicago's C2E2 this past weekend), Marvel also announced that Sam Humphries (AVENGERS AI, UNCANNY X-FORCE) and Paco Medina (NOVA, ULTIMATE X-MEN) will head up a new solo series called THE LEGENDARY STAR-LORD. This is another one that makes me a little nervous, mostly because I don't love the newer, often borderline goofy look at Star-Lord and I think the announcement of Humphries means he'll stay more in that direction. Still, could be wrong and I think Humphries, for some of the problems I've had with his books in the past, has talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment