Saturday, July 12, 2014

Bucky Barnes: The Winter Soldier ongoing, Death of Wolverine: The Logan Legacy mini announced

Couple of news announcements this week out of Marvel and they're pretty big ones (well, one is. The other is fairly predictable). The first is the announcement of a new ongoing, BUCKY BARNES: THE WINTER SOLDIER. Writer Ales Kot (SECRET AVENGERS, IRON PATRIOT) and artist Marco Rudy (MARVEL KNIGHTS SPIDER-MAN, NEW AVENGERS ANNUAL) plan to take Bucky all around the Marvel Universe, having him do his spy work anywhere and everywhere. It's an interesting move, one that was certainly bound to happen given the success of the movie and the success of the character, even pre-movie. I'm still lukewarm on Kot, not enjoying his SECRET AVENGERS pretty much at all but finding myself liking IRON PATRIOT. On the other hand, I'm already anything but lukewarm on Marco Rudy, absolutely loving MK SPIDER-MAN and his recent Dr. Strange-centric NEW AVENGERS ANNUAL. It'll be interesting. BUCKY BARNES: WINTER SOLDIER is set to debut in October.

The other new announcement is the follow-up to the anticipated DEATH OF WOLVERINE series later this year with a mini-series entitled DEATH OF WOLVERINE: THE LOGAN LEGACY. A seven-issue mini set to run through October, November, and December, will alternate creative teams, placing the focus on various villains, mostly (with a nod to X-23). The first and the final issue will both be written by DEATH OF WOLVERINE scribe Charles Soule. It has drawn comparisons to the post-Captain America death book FALLEN SON. So that's two more new books coming with big, long titles, because apparently Marvel doesn't care about bloggers who have limited tag-space on a given post.

2 comments:

  1. HAH! I was just coming up on that limited tag space myself. LOL

    hey i've been following you for a little while now and it seems like you're pretty consistent about reviewing pretty much every book that comes out of Marvel, and you do a bang-up job with them all. have you ever tried to get your reviews on any other site besides your blog? I've started putting some of mine at comicbookroundup.com, but I'm too hesitant to try to start writing for one of the major comics websites... but it seems like that'd be perfect for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man, that's really nice of you to say. I've done a little applying and submitting here and there but never really anything steady, which I think is what I'd have to do to be serious about this. I figure it's something I'll look at a little more as time goes on, particularly now as I have a pretty hefty backlog of reviews. I appreciate the suggestion and the confidence, though, can't ever get enough of that.

    ReplyDelete