Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Comics this week

GEEZ, HOPE YOU GUYS WEREN'T DOING ANYTHING OVER THE THANKSGIVING WEEKEND AS WE HAVE JUST TOO MANY COMICS TO READ. That's right, tons of books releasing this week including a handful of really big ones and a handful of ones I don't really want to read but I will because I, you guys, am a hero. Anyway, let's talk about some of them!

Avengers Arena 18
The final issue of the surprisingly amazing AVENGERS ARENA. I've loved this series for quite some time now and I'm sad to see it end but I'm glad that presumably we'll get some closure. Everyone out there should be interested to see who lives, who doesn't, who wins, what happens to Arcade, etc. Glad this one's lasted seemingly as long as it was meant to.

Deadpool Annual 1
Okay, so this maybe isn't the biggest book in a week filled with really big books and it might not even be the one I'm most excited for BUT this one definitely deserves a look. The preview for it looked like a lot of fun and it's written by the spectacular writing team of Ben Acker and Blacker, writers and creators of "The Thrilling Adventure Hour" podcast, among other things. The duo is immensely talented and clearly has a love for comics. They made their Marvel debut with WOLVERINE SEASON ONE early this year, which I didn't necessarily love, but I think Deadpool will fit their tone really well. Also they have a bit more experience now, as they just released the "Thrilling Adventure Hour" graphic novel I still need to check out.

Hawkeye 14
HAWKEYE this week, you guys! I believe this will be the first issue that officially splits Hawkeye and Hawkeye up, East Coast vs. West Coast, and will also kick off the artist rotation of the amazing David Aja and the increasingly impressive Annie Wu. This is one of the best books out there and it took a bit of a break in the middle there so now any time we get it back is exciting.

Infinity 6
The end of INFINITY (minus the last tie-in book) is here and I have some trouble believing that everything will go perfectly smoothly and that everyone will survive. I've been hedging my bets on this for a while and my predictions for who won't make it out are pretty well-documented at this point but, more than that, we're reaching the end of a major Marvel event, one that has very much defied expectations throughout. Looking forward to it.

New Avengers 12
DID SOMEONE MENTION A LAST TIE-IN BOOK? Yes. I did, in the parentheses near the beginning of the last entry. This was all planned, you guys. The event is ending and the phenomenal story of NEW AVENGERS will officially bring us there. There's so much happening in this event and so much in this book overall, both before and during the event. Really looking forward to where the tensions of this team land us in the aftermath. Should be a lot of fun and, as much as I've liked this event, I'm still excited for the main story to return.

No comments:

Post a Comment