Friday, May 23, 2014

Edgar Wright leaving ANT-MAN over creative differences

News broke today that Edgar Wright, director of such films as Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, and The World's End, will be leaving the much-anticipated Marvel film Ant-Man over "creative differences." This is rather crushing news as literally the only thing I've been reliably complimenting about this move was the brilliant hire of Edgar Wright, who has a sterling track record and is one of my personal favorite directors. The parting, reportedly, was amicable, though it raises some concerns for me about the shape of Marvel movies in general that there were irreconcilable creative differences between studio and director. Marvel is not currently in talks with other directors. Now I guess I'll just have to be satisfied that it's a movie about Ant-Man, everyone's favorite superhero.

No comments:

Post a Comment