Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Comics out tomorrow!

GUYS, I love comics. I don't know if that's come up enough in this blog, but I'm a big fan. There are some release weeks, too, where I'm just so excited about the slate of comics set to come out. This is one of those.

New Avengers 2
I don't know if I stressed it enough the last time New Avengers came out, I'm very excited about this book. MAYBE I'm getting my hopes too high but whatever, I'm thrilled. Plus Namor and Black Panther are going to talk for the first time since Namor destroyed Wakanda. Fun times abound, for readers anyway.

Captain America 3
I imagine this book will usually be on my "excited it comes out this week" list. I love Cap and I'm very interested in the way Remender's doing this book so far. A deeper look into Cap's past (pre-serum) and a different setting for him to fight. It's nice when they put him in a setting when his flag means nothing. Plus, big cliffhanger last issue.

Captain Marvel 9
I've liked Kelly Sue DeConnick's take on Captain Marvel as much as I've liked any new look on a character. This week sounds like a good jumping on point for new readers AND it features art that has interested me in the past, namely in a Nomad story at the end of a Cap issue, by Filipe Andrade. Also, dinosaur fighting.

Daredevil 22
If you're not reading Daredevil, you should be reading Daredevil. It's been a great run by Waid and we're starting to need to look back to the Shadowland Matt that took over at the end of Diggle's run. All the tension the book has been ignoring is at a breaking point, which should lead to some good things.

Indestructible Hulk 3
I feel bad that my five most anticipated books of the week are all in the top half of the alphabet, leaving any X-Men in the dark, but this book has been solid so far and it should remain promising, if Mark Waid can do here what he's done in Daredevil. If memory serves, Hulk is also currently beating the crap out of Iron Man. We'll see what's going on.


So that's that! Lots to be excited about. Just because there are things not on the list (i.e. Savage Wolverine and X-Factor) doesn't mean I'm not excited about them. Similarly, there are some things not on the list because I'm not excited about them. WHOOPS. Love you. See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment