Thursday, October 23, 2014

Marvel cancels SHE-HULK, ALL-NEW ULTIMATES

Marvel released their January solicits and said solicits revealed that both critical darling SHE-HULK and the abomination that is ALL-NEW ULTIMATES are set to end with their January issues. I think probably that description tells you what you need to know about how I'm feeling. SHE-HULK (the newest issue of which I'll review soon, I promise) has varied from above average to outstanding, never dipping into mediocrity. Meanwhile, ALL-NEW ULTIMATES tried too hard for my liking and ended up middling at its very best points. Look, I don't have that much more to add, as these two books are probably books I talk about enough (considering I like SHE-HULK and I talk a lot about books I like and ALL-NEW ULTIMATES seemingly comes out every week or so and so my feelings are altogether too-well documented), but check out Brett White's article on CBR about the cancellation of SHE-HULK and what cancellation means for Marvel these days. It's certainly worth a read.

No comments:

Post a Comment