Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Comics this week

Is this the earliest in a week I've apologized for being late on reviews? Maybe it is but somehow I'm sure I've apologized sooner. Anyway, I'm definitely going to be a little slow on reviews this week because my work has gotten a little busier in preparing for a move and I myself am moving so this looks to be a week rife with complications. On the plus side, there are practically no massive books out this we-what's that? Hang on, I have my finger to an imaginary earpiece and I'm suddenly hearing about the tons of big books out this week.

All-New Captain America 1
The debut of Sam Wilson as the new Captain America! Well. Okay, so he was introduced in the last CAPTAIN AMERICA issue and he was in the first set of AXIS books but this is the real introduction, I should think. Well, I'm going to call it that since I haven't really liked any of the other issues mentioned. Still a big deal and I still love Sam Wilson so let's all keep our fingers crossed.


Captain America and the Mighty Avengers 1
This one just edges out BUCKY BARNES: THE WINTER SOLDIER and SHE-HULK to make this list because I found MIGHTY AVENGERS somewhat lacking but clearly capable of putting on an excellent show. Will the addition of a bonafide Captain America help launch this to a different realm? Maybe not. Look, I'm regretting this choice as it is.


Spider-Verse 1
I'm still taking something of a stand against events (just kidding, I'm just mentioning them in the pre-game less [take that AXIS, out this week] and I'm grumbling about them more! If that's taking a stand, it turns out I'm way more proactive than I thought), but I couldn't help liking AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 9 and most of the EDGE OF SPIDER-VERSE books, so I'm feeling like maybe one good event will build some good will back up? Maybe this will be it? Or maybe it will last too long and meander in the middle only to rush through the end, like every event since INFINITY (you won't believe how many there have been since then).

Superior Iron Man 1
It's the dawn of a new day for Iron Man, who seems primed to become quite possibly the next big villain of the Marvel Universe, particularly as we seem to be on the precipice of a number of re-upped events. Geez, writing that down somehow felt worse than thinking about it. Anyway, writer Tom Taylor steps on to a pretty big stage at Marvel as Tony Stark's role in the MU shifts once more.


Thor 2
To round out Marvel's "big three," the second issue of THOR comes this week to let us know, potentially (or maybe not!) who indeed picked that hammer up. Was it Freyja, or was that just some smoke and mirrors to distract us. Fingers crossed that it wasn't any member of SHIELD. Seriously. No members of SHIELD. In fact, sidebar, I'd like it if we could just stop teaming members of SHIELD up with heroes. I think we've all had enough of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment