Friday, November 21, 2014

Marvel announces new HOWARD THE DUCK ongoing

Following a fun little cameo at the end of Guardians of the Galaxy, Howard the Duck is making his return to Marvel comics in the form of a new ongoing written by hilarious SEX CRIMINALS artist Chip Zdarsky and drawn by the very talented Joe Quinones (CAPTAIN MARVEL, FF, SAVAGE WOLVERINE, a bunch of other things, several prints on my wall, many thanks for that). Like with the announcement of the new Squirrel Girl series, Marvel makes another smooth move by taking a bit of a joke character and putting a very funny Canadian in charge of the book (Zdarsky for HOWARD, Ryan North for SQUIRREL GIRL). I'd throw Skottie Young for ROCKET RACCOON on that list but I'm pretty sure he's not Canadian, though I believe he lives in one of those states on the border that isn't in New England. Anyway, I'm stalling a bit because I'm on my phone so my abilities are a bit limited. Segue! Here's a link: http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/11/21/marvel-announces-howard-the-duck-by-chip-zdarsky-and-joe-quinones/

Not going to say I'm not excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment