Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Comics this week

Hey all my buddies! I'm writing this away from the list of comics out this week so let's take an adventure and guess at what books (and what specific number issues) are out this week!

Daredevil 7(? 6? I think 7)
I'll level with you, I didn't remember what had happened last issue until I started writing this sentence (which called for tense changes, though now I'm convinced it's issue 7). I just trusted that I wanted to read a new DAREDEVIL. And I do. The ORIGINAL SIN tie-in may not be my favorite thing in Marvel currently but this series has proven itself reliably good and the story is certainly strong enough to warrant checking this one out. Also, are these Javier Rodriguez pencils? With Matt Wilson taking over coloring duties, this may be the last time we see Rodriguez on this title, where he's been excellent. So check him out in his last hurrah, unless I'm wrong and he's not drawing this one. Then just check it out for another reason.

Elektra 5 (pretty sure that's what I wrote down yesterday, I suppose it could be 6. Feels too well-developed for just four issues right now)
It's hard to overstate how onboard with this book I am right now. Really interesting concept and story propped up by some great character work and phenomenal artwork. I'm very impressed with what this book has shown so far and I'm looking forward to it with every new release.

Ms. Marvel 7
I feel I haven't highlighted MS. MARVEL enough, giving more attention to other phenomenal books out at the same time. Well take note, friends, I'm highlighting it here. Really fun book, really great characters all around, and currently a delightful team-up with Wolverine to enjoy. Check it out.

New Avengers 23
Another incursion! A falling out between the Illuminati! Fights! Failures! Follow-ups! Figureheads! Fun!

Nova 20
Real talk: I have no idea what else is out this week worthy of consideration so NOVA gets a bit of a cheat-win. It's not that much of one, though, as I've really liked this series overall and do find myself looking forward to the newest issues when they drop, so it's not not-worthy, it just may be less worthy than something else out there this week. Maybe ORIGINAL SINS if just for the Chip Zdarsky short story in this week's issue? Look, NOVA's a good book, check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment