Sunday, August 3, 2014

Ultimate FF 5

Aaahhhhhhhh, you guys! I was in such a rush earlier today to get the books out that I entirely skipped one, even though I'd read it and honestly thought out my review for it a little bit. Ah well, you live and learn. Let's shine a light, then on ULTIMATE FF 5. For all the good that will do it (spoilers).

Ultimate FF 5
Fialkov (w) and Araújo (a) and Rosenberg (c) and Sabino (l)

I'm going to come clean here: despite my insistence on reviewing this book for completist sake, I have a feeling I did not read the last issue of this because BOY did none of this make any sense to me. On top of that, this is a particularly bad issue to come into without having read its predecessor. Miles Morhames, the new Spider-Pig of a different universe is talking to the Ultimate FF and there are a number of other similarly punny animals intersecting with this universe and WHAT IS HAPPENING and you know what, this is, I believe, the penultimate issue of this cancelled series and it's series writer Josh Fialkov's final issue because he got sick at one point and this series isn't really good anyway so WHATEVER. Just imagine that I'm tucking you into bed, kissing each of you on the forehead, and saying "oh sweet baby, no reason to worry about that mean old ULTIMATE FF, it doesn't even matter and it'll be gone by the time you wake up." Total Score: Feels unfair to rate this one without having read the arc and after excusing you from reading it. Still though, I'm a professional so...2/5?

No comments:

Post a Comment