Monday, October 6, 2014

Marvel announces ongoing UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL

Yup, you read that headline right. The ongoing that...look, I'm sure SOMEONE has been asking for this. Is it because they played as her in LEGO Marvel Super Heroes? She was pretty great in that. There's this one thing where she calls a bunch of squirrels and they just swarm a bad guy until he EXPLODES and it's horrifying but great? Anyway, I wasn't asking for this series and I feel like anyone who was was just being ironic and I hate them for it.

BUT.

BUT, you guys, it's helmed by Ryan North. That's right, the much-praised (by me) writer of the oft-cited (by me, on this blog) DINOSAUR COMICS (I feel like I've never written that in caps and italicized before and it looks great like that so I'll have to remember that next time. SPOILER: I won't) and of the recent Young Avengers arc part of ORIGINAL SINS (as well as numerous other projects, like Boom! Studios' ADVENTURE TIME comic, To Be Or Not To Be, the choose-your-own adventure Hamlet, to name a couple).

Okay, lot of parentheses in that there last paragraph. Let's reset. Ryan North, who writes the daily DINOSAUR COMICS and writes Boom! Studios' ADVENTURE TIME along with many other projects, will be writing the new UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL with artist Erika Henderson of QUANTUM AND WOODY. The series will pick up as Squirrel Girl heads off to college for all manner of new adventure. The book will debut in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment