Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Comics this week

Hey all my buddies, it's me, the typical Tuesday post. Ready for some new upcoming comics that I'd advise you look into?


Avengers 31
Oh no, the Avengers are hopping through time! In a book that ties to ORIGINAL SIN and no doubt connects to the recently announced TIME RUNS OUT storyline coming in September that will send the AVENGERS and NEW AVENGERS books about eight months into the future in a move many comic fans call "confusing."

Daredevil 4
This book is so fun, right guys? A much lighter tone to this series and its predecessor than everything that had come before for Daredevil since, I suppose, his Marvel Knights series (or maybe even since Frank Miller). There's just so much fun and such a light and breezy tone to be had here. Anyway, Daredevil's falling into a fire pit because his new ally betrayed him to one of his arch nemeses. So much fun!

Elektra 3
I'm really enjoying this series so far and I'm excited to see where this creative team goes. Also excited to see how this story shapes up. I'm just pretty into this book right now, you guys.

Original Sin 4
I continue not to be sure of this event but it'll keep breaching my list if only because I'm sure there are developments coming. After last issue's shocking end, hopefully this week we find out a little more about why a hero seems to have gone rogue.

Thunderbolts 27
Charles Soule is gone from the book that he nurtured into something really terrific and exciting. Taking his place are the ever delightful Ben Acker and Ben Blacker, creators and writers of the Thrilling Adventure Hour podcast and subsequent graphic novel from Archaia. I really like this book as is and I love these two writers so I'm hoping that the combination of the two will create something wonderful.


B-B-B-BONUS PICK OF THE WEEK
Wicked and the Divine 1
GUYS, I know, this isn't a Marvel pick so I had to send it down to the bonus picks section but I'm really excited about this book. Readers of this blog should be well aware by now of how much I love Kieron Gillen and Jamie McKelvie, both as separate entities and as a duo. They're going right back to their wheelhouse with WIC/DIV and Image comics as they show us a world of gods and pop stars (the two aren't mutually exclusive). The art of the book, as ever with McK, looks gorgeous and I'm sure the book will be phenomenal. Check it out, you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment