Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Comics this week!

Easiest. Pre-game. Ever.

Avengers 24
The first AVENGERS issue post-INFINITY. This is our lead-in book to All-New Marvel NOW, the newest rebranding and something I've already had to write out too many times. As I said a couple weeks ago when I mistakenly put this on my pre-game, it's a big issue anyway but it's particularly big (as in large) when purchased with the Daniel Acuña foldout AVENGERS 50th Anniversary poster. Look for that one, you guys.

Origin II
You know how when people talk about great Wolverine stories, they always bring up ORIGIN? Well now's your chance to jump onboard with another possible legendary mini-series as Kieron Gillen and Adam Kubert join forces to tell the tale of Wolverine set after ORIGIN, with Wolverine still living his days in the wild. I'm sure this series is going to be a fun ride and something with extra meaning and I'm really interested to see how Gillen works on this, a story set in the past of the Marvel Universe and which is a set five issues, meaning he has to really speed up his more novel-like storytelling. I'm heartily recommending this book as I will with just about anything Kieron Gillen touches these days, but I will add a caveat: Marvel apparently is aware of how big the first ORIGIN was so the price on this mini is 4.99 an issue. Kind of pricey for what seems to be a normal sized issue. I'll confirm that at some point.

THAT'S IT! Just two books out from Marvel this week so neither of them have to fight for top spot on pre-game or on post-game (spoilers). Truth told, though, I can't envision even the most hectic week going by without me suggesting these two books anyway. If you have the ability, get out today (comic shops should have these books out the 24th, as Christmas itself falls on the Wednesday) and check these ones out. Should be fun. I may post my reviews of them ANY OF THESE NEXT THREE DAYS so, I mean, keep checking back? And tell all your friends?



I'd like to say, again, thank you to everyone who's ever shown any sort of even mild interest in this blog. Any and all support means a ton to me. This started as a way to make sure I'm writing about something, anything, just about every day but it's turned into something of a way of life for me. Sometimes that's good, sometimes that's bad, but the support is incredibly meaningful. This blog will reach it's one-year anniversary on Thursday, when I started it because I had been thinking about it in vague terms for a while and I had things to say about the very controversial AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 700 (and, because I'd already started the blog by that point, the less controversial AVENGING SPIDER-MAN 15.1). If you've stopped by for even a moment, even if it was just to snag a screen cap or to hear some news or because you clicked my insidious links on Twitter accidentally...thank you. Thank you all. There might be changes in 2014 to the way I review or to the volume of books I review (GUYS, this has been a ton of books) but we'll talk about that later. Thanks guys. Happy holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment